[BCFSN] Black Woman Agricultural Freedom Fund

Zsuzsi Fodor zsuzsi.s.fodor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:35:27 EST 2020

Hello good folks of food,

Sharing a call for support and solidarity from the Black Woman Agricultural
Freedom fund <http://blackwomanfreedomfund.com>.

*We are raising funds to support two Black women who were fired from their
jobs at a “food justice” organization due to anti-Black racism. They have
and continue to be on the frontlines of community work and food justice for
decades. We are working with the women and want to ensure they are able to
continue to build their vision of Black food sovereignty while supporting
their families during this difficult time.  All the funds we are raising
will go towards purchasing agricultural land and equipment.*

*We are a small yet strong engine with a variety of responsibilities so
support is absolutely welcomed. Currently we are partnering with
organizations, farms and businesses to sell hemp tote bags with the Black
Woman’s Agricultural Freedom Fund’s logo which was made for this
initiative. Due to the size and supports of the BWAFF we are currently
looking to connect with various establishments , who support Black owned
business and black food sovereignty.*

*Are there businesses or establishments which  you think would be
interested in partnering with BWAFF to support any of our various
fundraising spaces (hemp tote bags and or t-shirts)?*

*Other ways to support:*

   - *Virtual auction LIVE today
   <https://www.facebook.com/groups/964124390741803/?multi_permalinks=1065015213986053%2C1065010717319836%2C1064998530654388%2C1064990823988492&notif_id=1604497806639242&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif>*
   - *Funding Drive <http://blackwomanfreedomfund.com/donate/>*
   - *T-shirt shop <http://blackwomanfreedomfund.com/shop/> which amplifies
   the legacies of African Indigenous women who very much represent love for
   the land, resilience and power*

*We are also encouraging folks to organize fundraisers in their community
to support this project and stand in solidarity. This can look like a
raffle, a community dinner, a concert, calling friends and family and
asking them to chip in, etc. (all while remaining safe). *

*Please see our social media links for more info: @blackwomanfreedom on
Instagram and on our website at blackwomanfreedomfund.com
<http://blackwomanfreedomfund.com/>*

--
Zsuzsi Fodor (she, her)
Planning, (Virtual) Facilitation & Community Development

*Sent from the Stolen, Occupied, Unceded, Traditional, and Ancestral
Territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ, and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm First
Nations.*
*Find out where you are. <http://native-land.ca/>*