[BCFSN] Sharing an Open Letter

Anita Georgy director at farmfolkcityfolk.ca
Tue Jul 14 14:31:30 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to share an Open Letter
<https://www.farmfolkcityfolk.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Open-Letter.pdf>
and  Media Release
<https://www.farmfolkcityfolk.ca/2020/07/announcement-open-letter-to-bc-government-calling-for-transformative-food-systems-change/>
we
just completed and sent to Premier Horgan and Minister Popham last week
urging them to adopt programs and policies to help build resilience in our
food systems in the wake of COVID.  It was a great group effort, and we are
pleased with the results.  Special shout and thanks out to Abra Brynne for
her incredible work and insights into the policy framing. We've already
been in touch with the Ministers office about how to move this forward.

Feel welcome to share in your networks.  It is on all of the FarmFolk
social media channels. Happy to chat more about how folks can use this
content/ get involved.

Best,
Anita
--

Anita Georgy, BA, B.Ed. (she/her)

Executive Director

FarmFolk CityFolk

604-730-0450 ext. 302 (this number rings to my cell phone - call anytime)

farmfolkcityfolk.ca <https://www.farmfolkcityfolk.ca/> / bcseeds.org /
feastoffields.com <https://www.feastoffields.com/>

We acknowledge that our work takes place on unceded traditional Indigenous
lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.