[BCFSN] BC Consumer Food Purchasing Behaviour Survey (KPU)

Carla Hick carlamhick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:31:17 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Sustainable Food Systems (ISFS) at Kwantlen Polytechnic
University is conducting a survey of residents above the age of 19 in
British Columbia (BC) in order to understand the impacts of the COVID-19
pandemic on the consumer’s food experience.

Our survey, entitled the BC consumer food purchasing behavior during the
COVID-19 Pandemic aims to gain insight on food access, food purchasing and
consumption behavior, food related perceptions and concerns of BC consumers
during the COVID-19 pandemic. The study will generate knowledge on how
pandemics affect one of our basic needs – food. Furthermore, this research
will contribute to the on-going discussion on the importance/urgency of
transitioning into a more reliable and resilient regional food system.

The online survey is accessible by clicking the link below. The survey can
be completed in approximately 15 minutes. No personal information that can
be used to identify a participant will be collected. Therefore, all answers
will be anonymous.

This study is being hosted by Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Ethics
approval has been granted by the Research Ethics Board (reb at kpu.ca;
604-599-3163).

Please share the link below with potential survey participants and complete
the survey yourself.

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/food_during_C19

Best regards and be well,

*Carla Hick *
B.Sc. (Agroecology), RSE (Cook) & PDC

Please note my regular work week is Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am to 5:30pm.