[BCFSN] community gardens protocol in COVID19 era

Jen Cody Jen.Cody at nanaimofoodshare.ca
Fri Apr 3 21:41:22 EDT 2020

We have a protocol developed for the community farm.

Below are attached the protocols that we are instituting in terms of COVID
safety.   As an essential service, I would hope that municipalities would
allow them to remain open.

I hope that the protocols are helpful.

In short,  we are pre-screening volunteers before they come to the farm,
with a 5 question questionairre.   They also recieve a COVID worker safety
information handout.

 At the site volunteers are directed to check in with a manager who asks if
there have been any changes in their health status.   People have to wash
hands before continuing,  have a COVID safety orientation.   One person on
site has the responsibility to enforce 6 ft distancing, wipe commonly
touched surfaces with a bleach solution every 2 hours.   All tools are to
be cleaned with bleach before use and after use by the worker/volunteer.

We also have some signage we can share.

Most of the resources are from AgSafe.   Very helpful for us!

Jen Cody

Catch the Five Acre Farm Film here
<https://www.facebook.com/ManlyMedia/videos/494881957946058/>!

Jen Cody,   MHSc, RD, she/her
Executive Director
 jen.cody at nanaimofoodshare.ca
250-753-9393

Living, playing and learning with respect as an uninvited guest on
Snuneymuxw, *Snaw-Naw-As and Stz'uminus Coast Salish* Indigenous Lands