[BCFSN] What Does Local Food Need to Thrive? Portland's Answer Is the Redd

Pamela Zevit adamah at telus.net
Mon Feb 25 11:53:06 EST 2019

I have been wearing my Salmon Nation t-shirt with pride for almost 20 years, would love to see this
type of food hub evolve here in BC.

"A redd, as any self-respecting fisherman knows, is a nest dug in gravel by a salmon on a river's
spawning grounds. The Redd, aptly named given its location on Salmon Street in Portland's Central
Eastside, is likewise a breeding ground for whole new ways of thinking about food - and for filling
a gap in supply chains that has bedevilled decades of efforts to build reliable and scalable markets
for sustainable agriculture."

https://thetyee.ca/News/2019/02/22/Local-Food-Portland-Redd-Salmon-Nation/?

Pamela Zevit,

Coquitlam BC Canada
604-939-0523

 <mailto:adamah at telus.net> adamah at telus.net

The word Adamah is rooted in the Hebrew language (Adam - man, Adamah - earth) and is interpreted as
the "land from which man was made".  At its roots lies the recognition of our species intrinsic
connection to the earth and the inherent responsibility to protect and sustain it.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. This e-mail and Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.