[BCFSN] BC Farmers' Markets 21st Annual Conference - Foresight 2020: The Future is Local

BC Association of Farmers' Markets info at bcfarmersmarket.org
Fri Dec 20 12:54:41 EST 2019

Hello Farmers' Market Friends,

The holiday season is upon us, but we are still in full swing of preparing
for our upcoming *21st Annual Conference*, *Foresight 2020: The Future is
Local <https://bcfarmersmarket.org/events/bcafm-conference/>, in Harrison
Hot Springs (BC), March 6-8, 2020*.

[image: Facebook_link_image_1200x628.jpg]

This conference is a once-a-year opportunity for farmers' market peers from
across the province to share best practices, learn from industry experts,
build connections and gain inspiration to carry you through the 2020
farmers’ market season. Workshops, roundtables, and networking
opportunities have been designed to support farmers’ markets managers,
board members, and vendors (including farmers, small scale food processors
and artisans) in gaining practical skills and best practices to support
their markets and businesses.

There is already a buzz of activity around the conference, and we invite
you to participate.

   - *Early bird registration has opened - get your tickets now
   <https://bcfarmersmarket.org/events/bcafm-conference/2020-conference-registration/>!*
   - *Call for workshops HERE
   <https://bcfarmersmarket.org/events/bcafm-conference/2020-workshops-networking-events/>
(Deadline:
   January 8th, 2020) - *topics of particular interest to our community are
   waste reduction, equity & inclusion, social media, and diversifying farmers
   markets.
   - *BC Farmers'  Market Awards (Deadline: January 31st, 2020) - *Send in
   your nomination here.
   <https://bcfarmersmarket.org/events/bcafm-conference/farmers-market-awards-best-of-2019/>
    We are still seeking nominations to recognize outstanding farmers’
   markets, market managers, vendors, partners, volunteers and this year, we
   are excited to announce our new award category, Municipality of the Year!
   Recipients will be honoured during the Farmers’ Market Awards ceremony at
   the 2020 BC Farmers' Markets Conference on Saturday, March 7, 2020.
   - *Share on your socials! Join our Facebook event
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/752928411854190/>, and share on Instagram
   <https://www.instagram.com/p/B5tV_QbBxhg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link>
& Twitter
   <https://twitter.com/BCFarmersMarket/status/1202727553951313927>.*
   - *Discover other ways to get involved at the conference HERE
   <https://bcfarmersmarket.org/events/bcafm-conference/get-involved/>
(including
   a donation to our silent auction and sponsorship).*

We welcome you sharing these opportunities to participate in our conference
with your networks and we hope to see you in March!

If you have any questions and need further information do not hesitate to
contact us at info at bcfarmersmarket.org or 604-734-9797.

Wishing you a warm, safe and happy holiday season,
Tess

*Tess Van Den Bosch *(she/her)
Projects & Communications Coordinator

BC Association of Farmers' Markets