[BCFSN] the People's Coalition to Survive the Climate Food Emergency --- join us at WFWI

Jan Steinman Jan at EcoReality.org
Fri Aug 9 18:35:01 EDT 2019

> From: JEN FISHER-BRADLEY <humandignity at shaw.ca>
>
> 4. … Create a program to pay: the water bills for urban farms, retrofits for rainwater and grey water capture, and water storage and irrigation, concentrating on areas with seasonal dryness.

In fact, just the opposite seems to be occurring.

We have water licenses on two streams, and the rate we pay on these licenses has doubled in the past five years. And now, they want us to voluntarily register our well, with the stated intention that it may be necessary to charge people in the future for groundwater they draw. (With a threat like that, of course we did not register!) And the latest threat is to charge us "maintenance" on our water impoundment.

I'm not looking for any sort of a hand-out; I just want the government to leave me the hell alone so I can focus on growing food, rather than jumping through bureaucratic hoops.

Jan