[BCFSN] Michelle Lessard Award

JK Bays joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:07:39 EDT 2019

Hello all

I do not know how many of you knew Michelle Lessard, but she was one of
those amazing northern BC  women with a "can do" attitude. In 2007,
Michelle  organized and implemented the first Farm to School Salad bar
program in Canada at Dragon Lake Elementary School in Quesne,l BC. Within 9
weeks she had completely built a school food service and had 230 kids
lining up to get greens - fresh from local farms.

Her work has inspired over 200 F2S programs in BC and 1100 Canada wide.
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/our-work/school-food-map/>Incredibly,
I just called Dragon Lake school and was informed  the program is running
strong

Sadly, Michelle passed away after a tough battle with Cancer some years
ago. She would have been touched to see the way this is taking off across
the country.

I write because F2CC has will be presenting the Michelle Lessard Award
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/2019/04/vote-2019-the-michelle-lessard-award/?fbclid=IwAR0Sa4lO2jnFPmUoxKXiSfch0-EsLMWXR1BOfxIFvr3vOL89R99CoPm-8Gs>
to an organization in Canada that has been nominated for their stellar Farm
to School activity. I am hoping that you'll have a look at these programs
and cast your vote.

Please share this far and wide

All the best

Joanne

[image: 10641282_986045251412197_1779570719723596506_n-1.jpg]

--

Joanne Bays
National Director Farm to Cafeteria Canada
Email: Joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
*Victoria Office Phone: 250-384-7787*

Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca