[BCFSN] News Release - DFO Confirms Need for Federal Action to Protect Wild Salmon from Lethal PRV

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:39:57 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Please share this media release far and wide within your networks and media
circles. The situation with open net cage fish farms off the coast of BC,
is of critical state of urgency. We need all citizens to push the
governments to get the fish farms out of the ocean.

Not only do the fish farms create highly toxic source of food to contribute
to what is already an epidemic of chronic disease and food related
illnesses, but they also endanger the health and integrity of the entire
Indigenous land and food system that is based on wild salmon economies and
ecosystems.

Wild salmon are to the 27 nations of Indigenous peoples in BC, what the
buffalo once were to the Plains people. We cannot stand by and watch the
same kind of cultural genocide that happened when the buffalo were killed
off and Plains people starved out of their homelands.

Please share the news release far and wide and mobilize the knowledge and
networks to act on this important issue.

Dawn Morrison,

Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
Mobile: 778.879.5106
Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com