[BCFSN] Some good news from Port Alberni

Jen Fisher-Bradley humandignity at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 6 14:11:19 EST 2018

Hey all just wanted to share some good news from the Island. In 2008 Women's Food and Water Initiative successfully opposed the removal of 16 acres of ALR land, owned by the city,  proposed by city council to hand over for development as an RV park.

Today a group of community minded folks are meeting on that peoperty to see what kind of support there is for a community farm!!

Pretty exciting stuff.
Here's a Link to some FB pages if you want to know more.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/317472905326763?view=permalink&id=326510757756311

And Women's Food and Water Initiative are looking for more members across the province. See our FB page for more details or email me. After 10 years a non profit society focused on food and water security
in Alberni Clayoquot and Nuu Chah Nulth territories WFWI is ready to take on a provincial focus.

Cheers Jen Fisher-Bradley

Sent from my Huawei Mobile