[BCFSN] Young Agrarians Vancouver Island Winter Mixer this weekend!

Vancouver Island Young Agrarians westcoast at youngagrarians.org
Wed Feb 7 23:09:09 EST 2018

Farmers & Friends on Vancouver Island,

We're sending out a last call to register for our Young Agrarians Vancouver
Island Winter Mixer! This weekend, in Shawnigan Lake, we're offering 20
amazing farming workshops with regional farming mentors, an afternoon Land
Linking session on Saturday, amazing local food, and farmer to farmer
networking all weekend!

If you've just forgotten to register, please head over and get your ticket
now! http://vimixer2018.brownpapertickets.com

Otherwise, please read on for details. Thank you for sharing this message
with folks who may be interested!

VANCOUVER ISLAND WINTER MIXER:

[image: VIMixer_InstaSquare_small.png]

Calling all new and young farmers, and those with some years of experience
in the field: join us at the Young Agrarians 5th Vancouver Island Winter
Mixer <http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018>! We're offering two full days
of amazing farming workshops, networking, and an afternoon land linking
session to connect landowners and land seekers!

WHEN: Saturday, February 10 - Sunday, February 11, 2018

WHERE: Coast Salish Territory - Camp Pringle, 2520 West Shawnigan Lake Rd,
Shawnigan Lake, BC

COST: Sliding scale $75-150. Work trades are available, contact:
westcoast at youngagrarians.org

FMI: http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018

REGISTER: http://vimixer2018.brownpapertickets.com

*VANCOUVER ISLAND LAND LINKING SESSION*

*[image: ya-vanisland-postcard-banner-web.png]*

Want Land? Got Land?

WHEN: FEB 10, 2018, 1-6PM

WHERE: Shawnigan Lake, BC at the Young Agrarians Vancouver Island 5th
Winter Mixer

*COST:* Suggested donation $10, or $30 with delicious local lunch (served
at 11:30AM)

*FMI:* http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018
*REGISTER:* http://vimixer2018.brownpapertickets.com

Are you a farmer looking for land? Are you a landowner looking for
farmers?We Want You! Join us for an afternoon Land Linking session on
Vancouver Island at Camp Pringle in Shawnigan Lake to network, learn about
farm leases, and more! Topics you want to learn? Email
land at youngagrarians.org.

WARNING: You may find a farmer who can turn your vacant field into a
productive farm, or keep your productive farm in production! Land seekers,
you may find a landowner with the land opportunity you’ve been seeking!
Come with an idea of what you are looking for, and a quick synopsis of your
vision for your land or future farm. List your land or farm dream on the YA
U-MAP today: http://maps.youngagrarians.org

Thanks to our funders!
These events are made possible by Coastal Community Credit Union
<http://www.cccu.ca/>, and with funding provided by the Governments of
Canada and British Columbia through Growing Forward 2, a
federal-provincial-territorial initiative. Thank you to all our funders and
sponsors.
--
Moss Dance
Vancouver Island Young Agrarians Coordinator
westcoast at youngagrarians.org
250-702-0980

Web | youngagrarians.org <http://www.youngagrarians.org/>
E-News | Sign Up
<http://youngagrarians.org/mailchimp-pop-up/mailchimp-pop-up.html>
FB |  YoungAgrarians <http://www.facebook.com/YoungAgrarians>
Twitter | youngagrarians <https://twitter.com/#!/youngagrarians>
Flickr | youngagrarians <http://www.flickr.com/groups/youngagrarians>

Young Agrarians is a partnership with FarmFolk CityFolk
<http://farmfolkcityfolk.ca/>