[BCFSN] Exploring school meal event in Vancouver Area: tomorrow 4-6PM

Samantha Gambling samanthagambling at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:33:54 EST 2018

 Hello BCFSN members,

My name is Sam and I work as the community animator for Farm to School
<http://farmtoschoolbc.ca>'s Vancouver hub. I support teachers, parents,
administration and community partners to engage in work that provides
healthy, local food and food literacy opportunities to students across the
region. I am writing to inform you of an event happening *tomorrow,
December 6 from 4-6PM *at Lord Roberts Elementary. At this meeting, we will
be learning about two existing meal programs that prioritize healthy, local
food options. We may also discuss opportunities for expanding school meal
programs in the region, across BC <http://summit.sfu.ca/item/18005>, and in
alignment with federal initiatives <http://healthyschoolfood.ca/>.

For more information and to register (spots are limited), please view this
event page:
https://farmtoschoolbc.ca/event/vancouver-network-gathering-exploring-school-meals/

Let me know if you have any questions: 604-652-3793. To stay up to dates on
more events and news of school food initiatives coming from the Vancouver
Area, you can sign up for our regional listserv
<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/f2s-vancouver-region-network>.

Many thanks,
Sam

--
*Samantha Gambling, *M.Sc

*Community Animator | Farm to School <http://farmtoschoolbc.ca> Vancouver
Area Regional HubCo-Founder | BC Tiny House Collective
<http://bctinyhousecollective.com>I write with gratitude from unceded Coast
Salish Territories. <http://www.megaphonemagazine.com/unceded_territory>
Learn more
<https://locallove.ca/issues/what-are-land-acknowledgements-and-why-do-they-matter/#.W-TYF-KIY2w>.*