[BCFSN] Southwest BC Bioregion Food System Design Project is now complete

Caitlin Dorward caitlindorward at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:21:49 EST 2017

Dear BCFSN,

I'm pleased to announce that reports from the recently completed *Southwest
BC Bioregion Food System Design Project* are now available at
www.kpu.ca/isfs/swbcproject.

This was a four year, multi-disciplinary research project conducted by the
Institute for Sustainable Food Systems at KPU to provide regionally
specific, data-driven information about:

   - The potential to increase Southwest BC food production and processing
   for local markets
   - Whether and to what extent increasing local food production could
   improve food self-reliance, benefit the provincial economy, and create jobs
   - The potential to reduce some detrimental environmental impacts from
   food production in Southwest BC.

The project modeled a number of future food system scenarios that represent
possible outcomes of choices we face. When compared to our current
situation, these outcomes can be used to help identify and understand the
impacts of decisions we might make, the options and outcomes that we could
seek to achieve.

We hope the reports provide valuable information for your work in food
systems! ISFS is always keen to hear your feedback so please do not
hesitate to contact us <http://www.kpu.ca/isfs/contact>.

Kind regards,

Caitlin Dorward

--