[BCFSN] Canadian Best Management Practices for Honey Bee Health

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Sat Oct 29 23:57:45 EDT 2016

I am not a beekeeper but am trying to stay informed about what is happening in the industry because it so tied to native wild pollinator conservation. So the section on habitat (pg. 49) is of significant interest to me and I am glad to see it is included along with notes about invasive species. Though I am a bit disappointed there is nothing beyond two brief mentions of native wild bee/pollinator conservation or conservation benefits as part of enhancing domestic honey bee production. From what I have seen though there is a lot more effort happening on the ground around connecting the dots between wild pollinators and managed species with individual apiarists.

BCBeekeepers has posted a new item, 'Canadian Best Management Practices for Honey Bee Health'

Best Management Practices (BMPs) for the honey bee industry are developed by different levels and divisions of government, various organizations, institutions and stakeholders. Content ranging from regulations for pest and disease treatment thresholds to management of colonies during pollination services are included. While in many cases these recommendations are readily available, their authors are varied [...] You may view the latest post at  <http://bcbeekeepers.com/canadian-best-management-practices-for-honey-bee-health/> http://bcbeekeepers.com/canadian-best-management-practices-for-honey-bee-health/

Pamela Zevit, RPBio
Adamah Consultants

Coquitlam BC Canada
604-939-0523

 <mailto:adamah at telus.net> adamah at telus.net

Re-connecting People & Nature

Science World - Scientists & Innovators in Science Ambassador

-----
No virus found in this message.