[BCFSN] Reject the TPP - Day of Action November 29

Samantha Gambling samanthagambling at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:56:40 EST 2016

Hi all,

I'm writing to let you know about an upcoming *Day of Action against the
Trans Pacific Partnership* on *November 29th*.

As you're surely aware, the Trans Pacific Partnership has major
implications for food security and food sovereignty in Canada
<https://www.opencanada.org/features/inequality-explained-will-trans-pacific-partnership-affect-canadas-food-sovereignty/>.
It’s time to demonstrate to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau: *We Reject the
TPP, CETA and corporate rights agreements!* As a part of a month of action
against the Trans Pacific Partnership we are mobilizing in Vancouver
on *Tuesday
November 29 @ 6:00pm. T*here will be a rally outside the *Vancouver Art
Gallery, *featuring the following speakers:

*Brenda Sayers* - Hupacasath First Nation

*Irene Lanzinger* - President of the BC Federation of Labour
*Samir Gandesha* - SFU Institute of the Humanities

I've attached a flyer, for your reference, and here's the event link:
http://bit.ly/2fAF1kY

This action is being organized as part of a global effort. Latin American
activists mobilized on November 4th
<http://www.iatp.org/blog/201611/latin-america-is-taking-action-against-tpp-today-1>
for the 10th Anniversary of defeating the Free Trade Area of the Americas.
The central theme of their mobilization was the fight against
neo-liberalism and the TPP. <https://seguimosenlucha.wordpress.com/> There
was also an Autumn of Action <http://www.s2bnetwork.org/autumn-of-action/>
campaign, launched in Europe against CETA and TTIP. There have been many
more actions and rallies taking place across Asia and Africa. In Canada,
actions are being planned throughout this month, supported by organizations
working for social justice, democracy and environmental sustainability.

Organizations that have formally endorsed this action include:

BC Government and Services Employees Union

BC Health Coalition

BC Teachers’ Federation

Canada-Philippines Solidarity for Human Rights

Canadian Center for Policy Alternatives

Check Your Head

Climate Convergence

Council of Canadians

Leadnow

Migrante BC & Migrante BC Youth

Mining Justice Alliance

Next Up Vancouver

OpenMedia

Sanctuary Health

Trade Justice Network

UBC Environmental Law Group

Unifor

Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs

Vancouver District Labour Council
Young Workers Committee of the Justice for All Workers

If you belong to an organization that would also like to endorse this
action, please email *hgrewal at canadians.org* <hgrewal at canadians.org>

Hope to see you on Tuesday!

All the best,
Sam