[BCFSN] Farm to School in the Context of Reconciliation Webinar

Grandview Woodland Food Connection . gwfcnetwork at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:40:30 EST 2016

November 16 @ 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm

Join the Farm to School Vancouver Area (F2SVA) Network for its Monthly
Online Meeting!

This is a networking event for educators and school community members
interested in creating change towards more healthy, local school food
systems or for people wanting to learn more and become involved with Farm
to School type programs.
------------------------------

[image: britannia-first-nations-garden-1]

This month’s webinar meeting will feature Lori Snyder, Metis herbalist, as
well as Ian Marcuse, Community Food Developer at Grandview Woodland Food
Connection <https://gwfoodconnection.wordpress.com/>, and Spirit Lavallee,
a teacher at Britannia Secondary School, who will present on *Farm to
School in the Context of Reconciliation*. Please join us for an important
discussion about the role that food and food system education can provide
to support reconciliation in the classroom. Learn from stories, told by
these inspiring F2S actors, on how to meaningfully integrate Indigenous
food practices into the curriculum, with specific examples from Britannia
Secondary School.

———————————

RSVP required — please click here
<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/5f179967fce00fba34538d7d4481ef37> to
register.

This meeting will begin promptly at 3:45PM —  we recommend signing into
Zoom webinar platform a few minutes early to initiate the login process. We
look forward to seeing you there!

--

*Ian MarcuseCommunity Food Developer l Grandview Woodland Food
Connection*604.718.5895
l gwfcnetwork at gmail.com

*Connect l Learn:* b <http://gwfoodconnection.wordpress.com/>log
<http://gwfoodconnection.wordpress.com/> l f