[BCFSN] Fwd: Wild Salmon Justice Concert

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:23:52 EDT 2016

Site C - Keep the Peace coming to Vancouver

Please join us for an evening of inspiration, solidarity and action for the Peace Valley with Grand Chief Stewart Phillip and agrologist Wendy Holm!

WHEN: March 29, 7 pm

WHERE: First Nations House of Learning at UBC, 1985 West Mall, Vancouver

The Peace Valley can provide fruits and vegetables for one million people - and abundant traditional harvests of Bull Trout, Moose, berries and medicinal plants for the region's First Nations. This is the land the B.C. government is rushing to flood for Site C dam - the biggest project in Canada that is being rammed through in the face of First Nations opposition and multiple court challenges.

Come and learn about Treaty 8 First Nations and Peace valley farmers' strong stand for the Peace, and how we can support them and stop Site C. The keynote will be given by Grand Chief Stewart Phillip. Other speakers include the father-son team Art Napoleon and Julian Napoleon of Saulteau First Nations who will be discussing Site C's impact on Indigenous food harvesting lands. We'll also hear from Wendy Holm, the agrologist who testified before the JRP on the potential of Peace farmland, Sierra Club BC's Ana Simeon, and Susan Smitten of Raven Trust.

We are grateful for the sponsorship of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems - Indigenous Research Partnerships.

It's going to be a great night with powerful and inspiring speakers! I hope to see you on the 29th!

Ana Simeon
Peace Valley Campaigner
Sierra Club BC
250-386-5255 ext. 247
Cell: 778-677-4740
"Inspiring generations to defend nature and confront climate change, so families, communities and the natural world can prosper together."