[BCFSN] Honouring Cathleen Kneen

Abra Brynne abra at bcfsn.org
Fri Mar 4 19:32:24 EST 2016

Hello all,
many of us are still reeling from the thought of the food movement without
Cathleen's active presence. Across the country, those who respected and
loved Cathleen are creating events to honour her and celebrate her
contributions and life. As you will see below, there will be one such event
in Toronto next week, most appropriately on International Women's Day. If
any of you should happen to find yourself in Toronto next tuesday, I know
you would be welcome.

We will also be honouring Cathleen at our Gathering this year. We do not
yet know what that will look like other than it will undoubtedly include
tears, laughter and good food. Brewster has already indicated that he will
join us. Any and all suggestions are welcome as we work to create a
suitable event in honour of our dear founder and friend.

Thank you so much to everyone who supported my travel to Ottawa. I was able
to spend the last 30 hours of Cathleen's life with her and to read her the
many messages sent by Network members. I was also asked by both Cathleen
and then, after her death, by the family, to sort through her files, which
I spent most of last week doing. There is yet more to be done but it is
clear that she left a wealth of materials in presentations, reports, her
marvelous and insightful drawings, and much more that can continue to guide
and inform us as we carry on the work of creating the just food systems for
all that she was so passionately committed to.

in good food,
Abra

Abra Brynne
Director, Engagement & Policy
BC Food Systems Network
abra at bcfsn.org
Ph: 250.352.5342 // mobile: 250.777.2480
Skype: abra.brynne
www.bcfsn.org

Please support our work <http://bcfsn.org/donate/>.

Please share widely:

[image: Inline images 1]
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/honouring-cathleen-kneen-1943-2016-tickets-22434581437>

The family, friends, and admirers of Cathleen Kneen (1943-2016) invite you
to a potluck supper on International Women's Day
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/honouring-cathleen-kneen-1943-2016-tickets-22434581437>
honour her amazing life, work, and legacy.

When: 6-8pm, March 8 2016
Where: FoodShare Cafeteria, 90 Croatia Street, Toronto

Salads, desserts, or donations will be gratefully received. A main course
will be provided. Please bring a story or memento to share, if you wish. A
temporary gallery will be co-created.

*Please RSVP to help us prepare by visiting: *
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/honouring-cathleen-kneen-1943-2016-tickets-22434581437
.

--
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief.
Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now.