[BCFSN] Sustainable Seafood

Claude Tremblay ctremblay at livingoceans.org
Wed Jun 22 14:01:36 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am the new sustainable seafood campaigner at Living Oceans Society and
Seachoice (a group that we belong to) came out with a 10 year anniversary
report entitled :"Taking stock:Sustainable Seafood in Canadian market".
Please take a minute to read it as it gives an assessment of the
sustainability of all of Canada's seafood imports and exports.  Here is the
link
<http://www.seachoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Taking-Stock-FINAL-Report.pdf>
the report.  One of the major hurdle to sustainability is the difficulty to
trace seafood in this very complex supply chain, check also this video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PewFQu9wv_w> highlighting the need for
better labelling.  Thank you for reading!

Claude

--

Claude Tremblay

Sustainable Seafood Campaigner