[BCFSN] Food sovereignty, state repression and access to land event

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:19:27 EST 2016

Hi All,

I am so grateful to receive all the great information that some of you have
been sending regarding the negative effects of GMO'S and roundup. I am
aware that there is a flood of information on the internet and especially
within our food systems networks. Therefore, in regards to my earlier
request for information to help me/us better respond to the band council
and advocate for a ban of Roundup and GMO'S in our community, I am actually
looking for more specific correspondence (letters, Band or city council
resolutions, policy recommendations, media releases drafted by communities,
one page fact sheets, bans, etc...). It would be great to know if these
kinds of correspondence have already been created in oppositional response
to the use of roundup or GMO's would be most helpful by communities,
municipalities and Indian bands.

I apologize for not making my request clear enough earlier, but I/we would
really appreciate not having to draft our response from scratch if there
are other communities that have already done this research and writing.

Thank you so much...I am so grateful for all the responses and genuine
caring!

Dawn Morrison,

BC Food Systems Network
Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
Mobile: 778.879.5106
Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com