[BCFSN] Survey of farmers' market managers and organizers

Karen Rideout klrideout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:22:18 EST 2016

Hi folks,

A student environmental health officer is conducting a *survey of farm
market managers and organizers* to assess guidelines for food sales at
markets. Please see her letter below for more information and a *link to
the 5-minute survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KDHmSJTbwAl_2sAdV1Q4jyKDut0tEr382zaFyRG5btI/viewform?usp=send_form>*.

Please forward this to your contacts and networks across Canada. (Apologies
for any cross-posting.)

*The survey has been extended until February 10.*

Many thanks,

Karen

*Karen Rideout, PhD*

*Environmental Health Policy Analyst*

*Project Manager, Through an Equity Lens: A New Look at Environmental
Health*

*BC Centre for Disease Control & National Collaborating Centre for
Environmental Health*

604.829.2544 | karen.rideout at bccdc.ca

Dear Participant,

My name is Tina (Jou-Ting) Chen and I am an Environmental Health student at
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). I am inviting you to
participate in a survey study of farmers’ markets developed by British
Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in collaboration with BC Centre for
Disease Control (BCCDC). The study will evaluate and compare BC’s
farmers’ markets
guideline (Guideline for the Sale of Foods at Temporary Food Markets) with
other guidelines to see where it sits in the spectrum with respect to its
permissibility in allowing the sale of certain food types in farmers’ markets.

This survey is intended for farmers’ market managers or the market
organizer, and will ask whether your markets allow the sale of these five
food types: poultry, shell egg, sauerkraut, unpasteurized juice/cider and
cheese; and further asks how these foods are prepared and stored. It should
take you approximately *5 to 10 minutes* to complete. The survey will be
available to you until *February 3rd, 2016*.

Your participation will be entirely voluntary, confidential and anonymous.
If you have any questions and concerns about the questionnaire or about
participating in this survey study, please contact me via email at
tinachen.1118 at hotmail.com.  To enter the survey please click on the link
below, or copy and paste into your browser.

*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KDHmSJTbwAl_2sAdV1Q4jyKDut0tEr382zaFyRG5btI/viewform?usp=send_form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KDHmSJTbwAl_2sAdV1Q4jyKDut0tEr382zaFyRG5btI/viewform?usp=send_form>*

Please feel free to forward this survey to other farmers’ market
managers. Thank
you for your valuable time and I appreciate your kind support for this
study.

Sincerely,

Tina (Jou-Ting) Chen, Environmental Health Student at BCIT