[BCFSN] Fw: FYI A Movement Is Brewing! http://www.samaracanada.com/election/votepopup

Pat Petrala semiplan at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 6 13:33:14 EDT 2015

NationBuilderHi – thought this may be of interest.  New comers learning to vote and engaging those who don’t – tool may be useful for your group?
http://www.samaracanada.com/election/votepopup
Cheers, Pattie Petrala
Community Facilitator - Animator / Consultant / Advocate/Connector/Knowledge Broker

P: 604-536-7686 White Rock, BC  + CARP Chapter 11 Board

From: Samara Canada Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 9:03 AM To: Pattie Petrala  Subject: A Movement Is Brewing!

                        Pattie --

                        Thank you for downloading the Vote PopUp kit or attending a training!

                        We're thrilled to see your interest in our election time engagement tool. So far, the kit has been downloaded over 300 times and we’ve held training sessions with groups in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax. With more downloads by the day and training coming to Ottawa and Dartmouth, it’s beginning to feel like a movement!

                        Officers Are Standing By…

                        As you get ready for your Vote PopUp, remember that Elections Canada has Community Relations Officers available to answer questions about voting and help with your voter engagement efforts. It’s their job "to make voting more accessible to target groups by removing barriers to registration and voting and improving knowledge and understanding of the election," particularly among youth, Aboriginal electors, seniors, ethnocultural communities, homeless electors and individuals with disabilities. To speak with a Community Relations Officer near you, find the phone number of your local Elections Canada office using the Voter Information Service.

                        To order your ballot box and voting screens from Elections Canada, simply send an email to both Carolyn Hebert (Carolyn.Hebert at elections.ca) and Nicole Power (Nicole.Power at elections.ca) with your order and mailing address. Include "Vote PopUp" in the subject line.

                        Join the Movement! Share your Story!

                        As we continue building the movement, we look forward to hearing your Vote Popup stories and experiences. Highlight your event and celebrate voting by posting text, images and video on social media. Connect with a national audience and the broader movement by using #VotePopUp and #elxn42. Encourage participants to share their stories and showcase your work by mentioning @SamaraCDA. Bring more attention to your Vote PopUp by inviting local media outlets to report on the event as part of their ongoing election coverage.

                        Need Some Support?

                        Samara is also available to help you plan or promote your Vote PopUp. Feel free to email our Outreach Manager John Beebe at john.beebe at samaracanada.com with any questions or anecdotes.

                        Parlez-vous français?

                        The French version of the kit, Vote éclaire, has arrived! (Scroll down the link to download.)

                        Samara Canada
                        http://engage.samaracanada.com/

                  Samara Canada
                  33 Prince Arthur Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5R 1B2
                  416.960.7926