[BCFSN] Help the BC Food Systems Network by completing a survey and making a donation

Brent Mansfield director at bcfsn.org
Mon Nov 23 21:01:53 EST 2015

Hello all,

I am very pleased to belatedly announce that the BC Food Systems Network
has hired two long-time members to join our staff team - as many of you may
have already heard at the 2015 Annual Gathering. Dawn Morrison, founding
coordinator of the Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty, is leading
our work supporting Indigenous food sovereignty across the province.
Network co-founder Abra Brynne has also joined the team and draws on her
deep knowledge of the province and food systems as she engages with people
and promotes policy that will support vibrant, well nourished communities.
The Network has also been able to engage Libby Beck, new to the Network but
with significant experience with Tides Canada, who has taken on the role of
administrative support and communications coordination. These paid
positions are possible due generous support from the Real Estate Foundation
of BC, the Vancouver Foundation and Vancity enviroFund to help us
strengthen the organization and enhance our work to support healthy, just
and sustainable food systems in British Columbia across the province. All
of the staff positions, including my own, are only part-time right now, but
we hope to be able to continue to build the capacity of the Network in the
coming months.

As part of our newly expanded work, we are undertaking an evaluation to
help understand what the BCFSN is doing well and where there are
opportunities to improve. We would love you to let us know how we are doing
to help us determine where we are now, where we can grow, and so we have
something to measure our progress against. *Please take a few minutes to
fill out this survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SGTCPSK> by December
18th.*

Lastly, as we head towards the end of the calendar year, we ask that you
consider making a donation to support our work. Since 1999, the BC Food
Systems Network has worked with communities, individuals, organizations and
decision-makers across the province to nurture healthy, just and sustainable
food systems. Please support our work by making a donation today, or by
making a gift in someone else’s name. As a project on the Tides Canada
Shared Platform, all donations will receive a charitable tax receipt. If
you are interested and able to support our work in this way please click
here <https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=1453&AID=503&PID=4573>.

In good food,
Brent

Brent Mansfield