[BCFSN] Women's Food and Water Initiative presentation to the Opposition Standing Committee for Food and Agriculture

Jen Fisher-Bradley humandignity at shaw.ca
Fri May 15 11:20:07 EDT 2015

Not sure if this holds true here in BC, my last permaculture experience was gender co-shared and I
tend to see more women posting to this list, but perhaps that just reflects my limited exposure.
Certainly I know from the past 25 years working within the conservation movement the bulk of the
volunteer force has been women.

"Ford and other permaculturists claim women's contributions to the permaculture and local food
system movements are immense, yet they are under-represented in forms of dissemination and
recognition, including at conferences and in courses, textbooks, and online."

"The higher superstar permaculture teachers are almost always men," agrees Berezan, who casts a look
back at the original founders of the permaculture movement who, he says, could be described as the
"permaculture patriarchs."

http://briarpatchmagazine.com/articles/view/permaculture-or-spermaculture

Pamela Zevit, R.P. Bio
Adamah Consultants

Coquitlam BC Canada
604-939-0523

 <mailto:adamah at telus.net> adamah at telus.net

Re-connecting People & Nature

Science World - Scientists in the Schools Ambassador

  _____

No virus found in this message.