[BCFSN] Registration and Call for Workshops for BC Food Systems Annual Gathering

Brent Mansfield director at bcfsn.org
Tue May 12 10:13:02 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

Please see the attached and below registration information and call for
workshops for the 17th Annual BC Food Systems Network Gathering.  *Please
share with your networks and contacts. * Contact me if you have any
questions or if you require more information.

Norine Messer
Gathering Coordinator
BC Food Systems Network
(250) 735-4111
gathering at bcfsn.org

*"Be the change you want to see in the world"*
Mahatma Gandhi

Registration and Call for Workshops

*17th Annual *

*BC Food Systems Gathering*

“Gathering and Growing Together”

June 25th to 28th, 2015

Prince George, BC

The BC Food Systems Network is thrilled to announce that our 2015 Gathering
will take place at Camp Friendship in Prince George, BC, in the traditional
territory of the Lheidli T'enneh First Nation, on the weekend of *June
25-28, 2015*. This will be our 17th annual gathering.

Registration for the 2015 Gathering is now open.  To resister please go to
the following link (you may have to cut and paste):
https://eventbrite.ca/event/16803803629/
<https://eventbrite.ca/event/16803803629/?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text>

This year’s rates are:
- Early Bird Rate (till June 1st): $325
- Standard Rate (after June 1st): $350
- Semi-private Room Rate (two or three per room): $400
- Youth 12-18: $125
- Children 6-11: $65
- Children 5 and under are free!!

There are a limited number of partial subsidies available. Please contact
the Gathering Coordinator (gathering at bcfsn.org) to discuss how we might be
able to support helping you to attend.

*The Working Group for Indigenous Food Sovereignty will host their annual
general meeting as a pre-Gathering event on Thursday, June 25th**.*  Please
ensure that you register for this day if you plan to attend.  There is a
separate registration fee for this day to cover the costs of accommodation
and meals.  For those who cannot afford the fee there is an option on the
website to register free as we want to ensure that the fee is not a barrier
to participation of WGIFS members.

Rates include all workshops, accommodation and meals. Standard
accommodations are 12 bed cabins, although there are also some rooms in the
lodge with 2 or 3 beds per room. In order to reserve one of these rooms,
please choose the "semi-private" accommodation type when you register.
Extra charges will apply. We also have a limited number of rooms set aside
for families, for elders and others with limited mobility at the regular
rate. Please contact the Gathering Coordinator to discuss any specific
needs.

* There is space available for those who would rather camp in a tent or
bring a trailer.  Please indicate this when you register so that we reserve
a spot for you.

* Please also indicate if you have any special dietary needs.

* If you have extra room in your vehicle or if you are looking for a ride
please go to the *“2015 BC Food Systems Gathering - Ride Share Page”* on
Facebook and connect with others from your community.

*The 2015 Call for workshop proposals is currently open*. We are looking
forward to hearing your ideas for workshops, panels, roundtables, and
discussion topics related to the theme “Gathering and Growing Together”. We
are also looking for people who are willing to lead food demonstrations/
activities and artists who might be willing to graphically record the
Gathering.  The Gathering Committee encourages all of you to share your
knowledge and ideas for making the Gathering a meaningful and enriching
experience. We also ask people to bring seeds, foods and resources to share
and trade.  Please submit a one or two paragraph description of your
proposed workshop, presentation, or activity (as well as a short bio) to
Norine Messer, Gathering Coordinator (gathering at bcfsn.org) by *May 30, 2015*
.

For those who would like to sponsor someone facing financial barriers to
attend the event please go to our donation page at:

 https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=1453&AID=503&PID=4573

We are also asking people to bring donations for out Silent Auction.

We hope that you will be able to join us for a wonderful time of meeting
old friends, making new ones, and above all else forging new connections to
one another and to our food systems.
For more information please go to our website www.bcfsn.org or contact
Gathering Coordinator, Norine Messer at gathering at bcfsn.org