[BCFSN] FW: Free Public Event: Honey, Hives, and Poetry in the City, April 27

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Thu Mar 26 18:17:23 EDT 2015

Hi Jennie,

Check out our website and let me know if we can be of help to you.

	http://www.EcoReality.org

> From: Jennie Barron <jenerik at netidea.com>
>
> Food Commons - Looking for leads, cases to study in BC
>
> For my doctorate work in geography on the subject of food and the commons, I am looking for exemplars of food commons in BC to explore. These might be commons in name or in spirit - i.e., projects emphasizing collaborative or communal food production or procurement (including not just farmlands or gardens but all food-producing lands and waters) and some degree of self-governance by users.
>
> Examples of food commons could include public produce gardens, public orchards, food forests, edible landscaping, guerrilla gardening of edibles, community farms, communal fisheries, community gardens (if they go beyond allotments), and/or community land trusts that involve food production/procurement. If there are any examples of foraging/gathering reserves I’d LOVE to hear about them too!
>
> Please reply to jenerik at netidea.com or jenniferbarron at cmail.carleton.ca.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jennie

:::: The localization of food has a corresponding initiative in the world of information and knowledge. Wikipedia, operated by a nonprofit foundation, has a simple goal: to provide every person free access to all human knowledge. Founder Jimmy Wales was influenced by Friedrich Hayek's arguments about combining individual knowledge to create a better approximation of truth. -- Paul Hawken