[BCFSN] New Farmworker Awareness Week blog series

Anelyse Weiler anelyse.m.weiler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:14:45 EDT 2015

Hello all,
some of us had the privilege of hearing Wolverine speak at the BC Food
Systems Network Gathering last year, during the session on our campaign to
save the ALR. I think that Wolverine pretty much single-handedly shifted
our focus from land for agriculture to land for all. I am really excited by
this shift in our collective thinking as a Network and honour Wolverine,
Dawn Morrison and the many Indigenous Elders and others who have taught us
so much over the years of their participation in our Network and activities.

So, Wolverine now needs our help. There is a fundraiser to help him acquire
a tractor, fencing and irrigation for an 8 acre garden that the 84 year old
tends to produce food for the community. They are hoping to raise $20,000.
There is a fundraising webpage (see here <http://www.nourishthenation.ca>)
and an event for those of you who will be in the Vancouver area (see here
<https://www.facebook.com/events/432037230288394/>).

in good food,
Abra
--