[BCFSN] Food recovery/Food waste recycling options

Rideout, Karen Karen.Rideout at bccdc.ca
Tue Mar 3 19:18:30 EST 2015

SumOfUs.org

*We’ve just received a letter from a major corporate agribusiness firm
threatening legal action unless we stop our campaign to save the bees.*

The letter came from a contractor for *Bayer*, one of the biggest producers
of bee-killing pesticides in the world -- which means we could be facing a
long, drawn-out legal fight against corporations with incredibly deep
pockets.

After talking it over, we're clear. There's no way we’re going to stop
working to save the bees.

*Yes, I'll chip in CA$10 a month to stand up to corporate bullies and save
the bees.
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/8023?ask=8&t=3&akid=9676.813273.SbGCG_>*

No, but I can make a one-time donation.
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/8024?ask=8&t=4&akid=9676.813273.SbGCG_>

 Monthly giving is the best way to support SumOfUs because it lets us plan
more actions into the future. Plus, you can change or stop your monthly
donation at any time.

*The reason corporations are threatening us with lawsuits is that our
campaign is working.*

The European Union has issued a moratorium on bee-killing pesticides.
Ontario is about to become the first state or province in North America to
restrict their use as well. And major garden store chains like Home Depot
and Lowe's are still feeling the pressure of our campaign to stop selling
bee-killing pesticides altogether.

Most of all, the public is waking up to the threat to the bees -- and how
important they are to agriculture as pollinators.

*That’s why companies making money from bee-killing pesticides are trying
to silence us.*

*Yes, I'll chip in CA$10 a month to stand up to corporate bullies and save
the bees.
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/8023?ask=8&t=5&akid=9676.813273.SbGCG_>*

No, but I can make a one-time donation.
<http://act.sumofus.org/go/8024?ask=8&t=6&akid=9676.813273.SbGCG_>