[BCFSN] New Democrats offer leadership on agriculture

Popham.MLA, Lana Lana.Popham.MLA at leg.bc.ca
Fri Jan 23 12:13:12 EST 2015

Sorry for the late notice, took a while for me to see this in my inbox!

Pamela

Coquitlam

  _____

I just wanted to send out a reminder to all who have not yet completed the questionnaire on the
proposed Urban Agriculture Policy for parks (below), to please do so this week!  The deadline is
January 18th and your input would be very much appreciated.  Thanks again.

JASON HSIEH

Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation

jason.hsieh at vancouver.ca

604.654.0976

The Vancouver Park Board is proposing a new policy for urban agriculture to better reflect
agricultural activities now taking place in urban parks.  The proposed Urban Agricultural Policy
will replace the current Community Gardens Policy and guide existing and new food-focused projects
in Vancouver parks.  We are seeking the collective expertise and knowledge within our networks to
help guide this policy.

Please visit our website to review  the draft of the proposed policy:
http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/urban-agriculture-policy.aspx.  Make sure to click on the "Share
Your Views" blue button on the right panel to submit your feedback (the direct link to the survey is
here: http://vancouver.fluidsurveys.com/s/Urban-agriculture-policy/) - the deadline for submissions
is January 18, 2015.

Please feel free to direct any questions from your network to us at pbgreen at vancouver.ca .  Thank
you!