[BCFSN] Fwd: [cban e-News] Newest GMO Inquiry report on regulation is out! Canadian regulation is profoundly untransparent

Abra Brynne abra at bcfsn.org
Mon Dec 7 14:28:58 EST 2015

Follow us on Facebook [1] and Twitter [2]

FOOD WEBINARS AND TELECONFERENCES

DECEMBER 2015

The following list of national food events - webinars and teleconferences -
are offered by a host of different organizations across Canada.

If you are a member of Food Secure Canada and would like to include your
events in this mailing, please post them on our Food Calendar [3]. It's
easy!

If someone forwarded this email to you, sign up to receive this monthly
webinar email [4] and FSC's newsletter [5] directly.

Peruse and watch recordings of previous FSC webinars [6]

 		 [7]

"THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE" WEBINAR: SEED QUESTIONS ACROSS CANADA! [8]

_Hosted by:_ The Bauta Family Initiative on Canadian Seed Security [9]

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, FROM 4:00 PM TO 5:30 PM ET

Designed according to feedback collected from across Canada, the webinar
will start with a presentation on "On-farm Roguing, Selection, and
Adaptation" by Dan Brisebois of Tourne-Sol Farm (QC). Part 2 of the webinar
will feature a seed panel of experts from across the country who will
address YOUR most important questions about seed. The panel will speak to
both pre-submitted questions and live questions from webinar participants.
Please come prepared to engage!

More info here [8]

 [10]

FIELD NOTES FOR SOCIAL CHANGE - A CONVERSATION WITH RAJ PATEL [10]

_Hosted by: _Community Food Centres Canada [11]

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, FROM 12:00 PM TO 1:00 PM ET

In this one hour webinar, we are thrilled to welcome Raj Patel's lessons
from the frontlines of the food justice movement. This webinar interrogates
the question: where does social transformation come from? We'll explore
successes and failures of various facets of the food movement in the global
North and South, and we'll unpack how different actors -- individuals,
organizations, businesses and governments -- have championed change.

More info here [10]

 		 [12]

MIND YOUR BUSINESS! FINANCIAL LITERACY AND EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
FOR FARMERS. [12]

_Hosted by: _Farmstart [13]

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, FROM 12:00 PM TO 1:30 PM ET

Do you know what's making money on your farm? Are you thinking about trying
a new marketing strategy or crop? Are you asking yourself if you can farm
the way you want - and be financially viable? FarmStart's Farm Viability
SERIES OF 4 WEBINARS is a chance to dig deep into financial tools for
evaluating and improving your current or future farm business.

More info here [12]

 Food Secure Canada

 info at foodsecurecanada.org 3720 avenue du Parc, suite 201
Montréal, QC H2X 2J1