[BCFSN] RFP - Downtown at the Market

Maren Luciani mluciani at kamloops.ca
Fri Aug 21 15:03:04 EDT 2015

Hi Agatha
It is my understanding that Safeway does not donate their perishables, as they are insured for any perishables that go unsold. I am unsure if this is still the case now that they are restructured.

I know Metro Vancouver was in process of drafting guidelines around food donations that are perishable and food safety issues.

Hopefully now with food waste being talked about in the news and social media, large scale food retailers can play their part in reducing food waste, and ensuring it is consumed by those who need it most BEFORE it becomes waste.

Antonietta

Antonietta