[BCFSN] FW: Last chance - complete email demanding STOP Bill 24 and next steps

Women's Food and Water Initiative wfwi at shaw.ca
Fri May 30 01:25:05 EDT 2014

Brilliant message Jim.

You really nailed it how important local government is in the securing
of our BC grown food system.

November 15 is a critical date for this social movement for food
security in a rapidly changing climate.

Urban Farming Bylaws that pro-actively connect rural and urban farming
are vital.

Farmers are such a small segment of the population but everyone has to eat.
We have to get the eaters to take action in spite of having become so
used to going to the market and
being able to buy anything we desire.

During WW2 the UK government had a Ministry of Food, the rules were very
strict and breaking them
was not only a serious crime but a moral and social one too.
We will need to do something similar.

We'll be so sorry if we drop this ball, so miserably sorry. Jen FB