[BCFSN] Fwd: [Info EN] Farmers, rural women and mining impacted communities at the 2014 SADC People´s Summit to propose people-based regionalism

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:18:27 EDT 2014

I believe the forwarded information request below is intended for all
organizations, groups, networks, or councils that are concerned with
changing the food system.

Please forwarded message below and reply directly to Raychel Santo at:
contactus at foodpolicynetworks.org

Dawn

Submitted on Aug 5 2014 - 12:52pm
Submitted by anonymous user: [162.129.44.17]

Submitted values are:

  Your Name: Raychel Santo
  Subject of Message: Updating Food Policy Council Directory
  Message:
Greetings Indigenous Food Systems Network,

Food Policy Networks, a project of the Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable
Future (CLF), is conducting our annual update of the food policy council
directory.   The list was last revised in August 2013 and we are seeking
your help to update the list of food policy councils (FPCs).   In addition
to getting the most current information about FPCs in North America, we
will also be seeking information about existing and emerging FPCs from
around the world.  Note:sometimes FPC’s go by names like “food council,”
“food system network,” or “food policy coalition,” among others.  If your
work is oriented in changing the food system through policy and you are an
organized group of food system stakeholders, then we want to hear from you.

This information is used by advocates to foster collaboration, engage
policymakers, and further an international movement to promote healthy,
just, and secure food systems.  Your participation in this census will
support the growing interest in food policy councils and the movement for
food democracy worldwide.

If you belong to, work for, or know of any food policy councils or a
similar entity working on local (city/municipality or county/census
division), state/province or tribal/indigenous food policy, please help us
update our information by doing taking 5 to 7 minutes to do the following:

1.      View your FPC's description that appears on our website (
http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-
center-for-a-livable-future/projects/FPN/directory/online/
index.html?council=214). Please make sure the primary contact info is
current as well as information on your governance, structure,
accomplishments, etc.
2.      Update your FPC entry: To make edits to your FPC's entry, visit
http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-
hopkins-center-for-a-livable-future/projects/FPN/directory/update_form.html
3.      Forward this email to other FPC’s!  We want to reach every FPC we
can.  Check our current list and see if we are missing anyone.  If so,
forward this email to someone who might be more knowledgeable about the FPC
and email us their contact information and we’ll follow up with them
directly.  Please email contactus at foodpolicynetworks.org with their contact
information.
4.      Share your unique resources.  We compiling resources that could be
widely replicated to the greater FPC network. If you think you may have
something that could be useful to other FPC’s please tell us more by
emailing contactus at foodpolicynetworks.org.

We would appreciate your responses by August 25th.

Thank you for your assistance and please check our website in September for
a comprehensive, updated FPC list.

Best regards,

Anne Palmer, Program Director
Raychel Santo, Program Coordinator

Dawn Morrison,

Research Associate, Indigenous Community Engagement
Southwest BC Bioregional Food Systems Design and Plan
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Office: 604.599.2569
Email: dawn.morrison at kpu.ca
Website: http://www.kpu.ca/isfs